In response to concerns around the COVID-19, a/perture cinema has taken steps to create a safer environment for our patrons and staff. Our theater staff has adopted additional health practices that will help reduce the transmission of the various illnesses that are common in this season.
Here are the health precautions taken:
· We are disinfecting countertops, surfaces, doorknobs, railings, and other common areas more frequently.
· Our nightly cleaning shifts include additional and thorough cleanings of countertops, surfaces, railings, doorknobs, etc, to their work, as well.
· Our staff are washing and disinfecting their hands frequently.
· We have set up a hand sanitizer station near the front counter and upon request will provide any patron with Clorox wipes if they would like to wipe down their seat again.
· AND we are absolutely prohibiting any staff member who is sick from working coming into work.
It is of absolute importance that we do our part to help keep each other and our community healthy. So we also are encourage any and all patrons to take these additional hygiene steps, as well. We are asking patrons who are feeling sick to PLEASE not attend a film or event at a/perture. If you are sneezing or coughing, it’s really best to stay home until you are all better. If you do find yourself with a sudden sneezing attack or cough in the theater, please cover your mouth with your elbow or come ask us for a tissue pack. We are happy to oblige!
We also have friendly hand-washing reminders in each restroom to encourage the recommended 20-second routine with soap and water. Our songs of choice to get you through are inspired by films – Modern Love (Frances Ha) and Hip Hop Hooray (The Wolf of Wall Street).
We also urge patrons to keep some social distance, avoid hugs and handshakes. We have over 85 different showtimes a week so we encourage you to come try out a less popular time like our morning weekend matinees/lunchtime screenings and weeknight screenings.
Our management team is monitoring the situation carefully. We are also in contact with other theaters nation-wide through the Art House Convergence organization.
Here is a helpful link to the CDC’s website to check out.