As an independent, nonprofit, art house cinema, a/perture relies on the support of our community. We’re looking for a team of engaged volunteers who can enhance the member experience by serving as onsite ushers and greeters during the check-in process – we’re calling these volunteers a/ttendants.
What to expect:
- 2.5 hour shift from either currently from 4:30-7pm or 7-9:30pm on Friday and Saturday, or 1-3:30 pm or 4:30-7 pm on Sundays. We will be adding more shifts as the program gains volunteers.
- Being on your feet before showtimes, whether standing or walking.
- Greeting and welcoming patrons as they arrive.
- Engaging in conversation with patrons as they wait in line for Tickets / Concessions.
- Expediting check-in process for patrons by ensuring members who already have their tickets and are waiting to be seated upon arrival are not unnecessarily waiting in the Tickets / Concessions line.
- Ushering patrons to designated theatre.
- Ensuring Tickets / Concessions line organized in the lobby.
- Wearing a Black or White shirt colored shirt (not dressy, suggested not required).
- Wearing a name tag.
- Working under the direction of cinema staff.
- Being responsible for your own transportation and parking. (We suggest parking behind Benton Convention Center at corner of 6th St. and Cherry St.).
- Providing shift cancellation notice a minimum of 24 hours prior to shift.
What’s in it for you?
- One ticket voucher per each completed 2.5 hour shift.
- Community Service hours for students (in lieu of ticket voucher if necessary).
- No commitment – Volunteer as often as you’d like.
- Assist with exclusive special events.
- Contributing to the success of the local arts community.